Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Criada

We have a maid! Her name is Yvonna and she comes to the house Monday-Friday from 9am-1pm. She cleans the bathrooms, vacuums the hair/dust off the tile floors, cleans the kitchen, does dishes and takes out the trash -- she does all of this EVERY day. The best part is that she also does the laundry! We have a washer, and then hang the clothes on a line over night to dry. Yvonna then irons everything that was hung up to dry, folds it and brings it all to our rooms.

I thought in addition to watching the kids (which is not work at all) I would throw in a load of laundry here and there, empty the dishwasher, etc. but that's what Yvonna is paid to do. Life is verrrry easy here.


Also, living on the 3rd floor is like having my own apartment. I thought for sure they would come upstairs when I was reading and say hello, or come wake me up on the weekends, but I think the only person that's been on my floor is Jesús! His office is up there, and when he needs to work he goes straight to the office, and then straight back downstairs. If I were them I'd at least peak in my room to see what I was doing or snoop through the stuff on my desk!



"Agua que no has de beber, déjala correr."- Proverbio

No comments:

Post a Comment