Monday, June 28, 2010

Barcelona



On Monday, Jesús and Pilar both had their court dates canceled, so they gave me the day off! I decided to get in MY car and drive to Barcelona for the day... totally sucks, right?


Barcelona is a little over 4 hours away, so I left around 6am, spent the morning/day there and was home by dinner. Naturally, in the excitement of "packing light" for the day trip I forgot my camera! Joder. Oh well, I enjoyed everything I saw and ate -- the memories are what's most important. I was most eager to go to Barcelona to see La Sagrada Familia. It's a marvelously huge church designed by architect Antoni Gaudí, that has been under construction since 1882 and has yet to be finished. I also saw the gorgeous Parque Güell, which is so vibrant and unique. The walls are full of colored tiles and curvy shaped. I brought some tapas to a bench and enjoyed people watching for a hour or so.


I loved being on my own in the city without purpose, although I wish I could've shared the experience with my dear (young) Madre. She's the best.


All in all, another great day in the life of a Madrillena.

"Color in certain places has the great value of making the outlines and structural planes seem more energetic." - Antoni Gaudí

1 comment: